Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Verses that mean so much to us



This week I'd like to invite all of our readers to take just a moment to leave a comment on this post in particular. Many times we study our Bible and find gems from God that truly bless and inspire us; we may find "just the right" verse to help us through a difficult situation.

Won't you share with us, if you have found a verse or passage to be helpful in the past week or two? You never know who might really need that verse or insight that you share . . .

This passage helped me recently; perhaps someone else needs to read this, too:

I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.  I Timothy 1:12-17
Won't you leave a comment today, with a verse that has meant a great deal to you? One that has given you a blessing?


2 comments:

  1. These verses spoke to me earlier this week. They aren't a message of comfort, or encouragement, but a rebuke to my sometimes overly critical heart and speech. I have a really bad habit of thinking the way I do things is better than the way others do them. I need to remember this, and keep it in my heart and in my mind, and think of this, not only before I speak, but even before I think that critical thought.

    41 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful verses Catherine!!! Some we all need to be reminded of frequently.

    It took me a couple of days to be inspired by a verse to add. (Been battling Vertigo and the thought process is very slow) Here is mine:

    Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.
    Matthew 21:21 (NIV)

    Oh to have such faith as to pray believing totally!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.