Monday, February 12, 2018

Respite


The past few weeks have been great weeks of study here at the blog. They've also been very intense, and I don't know about you, but I've learned a lot!

I thought it might be a good idea to rest and recharge before tackling new verses to study. "Respite" is defined as "an interval of rest and relief," and Webster adds the word "temporary" to the definition. I like that. We are going to pause and rest.  We won't linger too long; just enough to gather our strength.

It's important to recharge sometimes, and then resume our work and our studies with renewed vigor!

Each day I will post a verse that I feel is helpful, and I hope that you will incorporate these verses into your prayer and personal time with our Father.

Today's verses are here:
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” (Mark 6:31)
In peace I will lie down and sleep,    for you alone, Lord,    make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
Join me in a quiet time -- let's focus our thoughts on our Savior. Think about the past few weeks of study, and ask Him if there are areas that we need to work on. Wait in silence, and pray with gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.