Thursday, February 15, 2018

Respite


Peace.
Rest.
Shalom.
Today in our prayer and contemplation, let's re-read these familiar verses and ask God to shower His peace and comfort in our hearts.
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14)
 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
You will keep in perfect peace    those whose minds are steadfast,    because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever,    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. (Isaiah 26:3-4)
The busy, noisy world and its voices and influences bring about an overload of weariness if we are not careful to rest in Him. The pressures of Satan and the world are ever mounting.  If we neglect the "it's you and me, Lord" time, what hope do we have of strength to resist the world? Not just the routine reading of the Word. Not just assembling with others to worship. But a true, set-aside time for secrets that only the Lord shares with us. We can cry. We can wrestle as Jacob did. We can wait. We can listen. And then we can rest in the peace that He will give. We just have to ask.....

Shalom....



1 comment:

  1. I started off the year trying to do a read through the Hew testament in 24 weeks thing. It wasn’t working. I was reading, but only reading for the sake of getting it done. Somehow, I don’t think that’s how the Lord wants me to read His word. So, that stopped, and instead the thought “Phillipians” came to me. It’s always been one of my favourite books. So, mom days, I read it. More like immerse in it. I’m reading the same verses over and over again, looking for the nuggets and gems, familiarizing my self with it, and trying to memorize bits as I go. So much better than merely reading for the sake of reading.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.