Friday, February 16, 2018

Respite

I hope that you have been blessed by our week of respite and peace. I thought this song rendered by George Beverly Shea was a wonderful conclusion to our thoughts this week....

It's a lovely old song penned by Fannie Crosby:
  1. Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  1. Safe on His gentle breast;
  1. There by His love o’ershaded,
  1. Sweetly my soul shall rest.
  1. Hark! ’tis the voice of angels
  1. Borne in a song to me,
  1. Over the fields of glory,
  1. Over the jasper sea.
  • Refrain:
  • Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  • Safe on His gentle breast;
  • There by His love o’ershaded,
  • Sweetly my soul shall rest.
  1. Safe in the arms of Jesus,
  1. Safe from corroding care,
  1. Safe from the world’s temptations;
  1. Sin cannot harm me there.
  1. Free from the blight of sorrow,
  1. Free from my doubts and fears;
  1. Only a few more trials,
  1. Only a few more tears!
  1. Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
  1. Jesus has died for me;
  1. Firm on the Rock of Ages
  1. Ever my trust shall be.
  1. Here let me wait with patience,
  1. Wait till the night is o’er;
  1. Wait till I see the morning
  1. Break on the golden shore.
Blessings to all who pause here.

1 comment:

  1. Just a lovely hymn, much needed by myself at the moment. I’m away from home and feeling rather beleaguered and alone, so these words are a huge comfort! xx

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.