Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Verses that inspire us


I don't know about you, but for me, Easter is an inspiring time. Putting all the questions and quibbles aside about whether or not we have the date or season "right," it's wonderful to concentrate on the significance of the celebration.

I'd like to keep that feeling going by concentrating today on some verses that talk about the "main thing." The most important thing....
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26)
For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. (I Thessalonians 4:14)
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried,that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, (I Corinthians 15:3-4)

I love how Paul puts it -- the thing of "first importance." The thing that should set our faces to smiling, put a lift in our walk, and make us eager to share the good news with anyone who will listen!

These verses meant a lot to me lately -- do you have some you can share?


2 comments:

  1. I’m still spending time in Phillipians, this time chapter 4.

    4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.