Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Verses that inspire


This Psalm truly speaks to me; I hope it is blessing you as well.
Praise the Lord, my soul;    all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul,    and forget not all his benefits— (Psalm 103:1-2)
The first two verses are a call to sincerity. A plea for being genuine. A reminder that we should give true praise, not just casual words. Are we genuinely grateful? Are we praising Him as we study all of His "benefits"?

I've heard it said that thanksgiving is our attitude toward what God has done, while praise is offered for Who God is. Are we mindful that all believers are commanded to praise Him? In fact, that is one reason why we were created!
my people, my chosen,     the people I formed for myself    that they may proclaim my praise. (Isaiah 43:20b-21)
Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. (Hebrews 13:15)
Praise originates in a heart full of love for God. But how should we praise Him? It can be in word, in song, or in prayer -- and it's to be continuous!
I will extol the Lord at all times;    his praise will always be on my lips. (Psalm 34:1)

Praise is an act of worship. It can be silent, within our own selves, or it can be aloud. Sometimes when I am alone, I will still speak my praise aloud! It somehow seems more real, and more important (to me) because of that.
Here is a suggestion: pick an attribute of God, and look up verses that match. Read those verses aloud and praise Him for those qualities. For example, praise Him for His holiness, His mercy, and His justice. Praise Him for His grace. For His kindness. For our salvation.
We can even have our own Praise Week, by picking one of these each day and reading the Word and praising Him!
Might as well get in practice! The Bible says that when He comes again, all of mankind will praise Him!!

Has a verse or a passage inspired you recently? Leave a comment to inspire others, too!

2 comments:

  1. I do that too. :-) And like you...when I speak them aloud they seem more to me as I am doing it. I fancy He is glad to hear them aloud. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This well known verse hit me anew this morning: "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."
    John 6:35 KJV

    Sometimes these well known verses need to be read as if for the first time. I think because I know so much from the Bible from a child, sometimes (often) I don't actually take in the real meaning anymore!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.