Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Prayer requests


This week, I would like to ask all of us to make a special time to pray. Yes, I know we have talked about this before.

How many of us really do it?
Do we put aside our phone? Do we turn off the radio or television? If we are unwilling to tune out the distractions, how can we expect to hear Him?

A natural setting is nice, but even then we can have distractions - there are other people in a park, or there are vehicles going past. 
If we are in the woods or meadow, we can definitely look around and enjoy the beauties that God has created -- but then, make sure we do get "down to business" and truly focus on Him.

This verse was very meaningful in my prayer time recently:

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done.

Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts. (Psalm 105:1-2)

It made me think . . . when I am totally focused on my relationship with Him, and I'm tuning other things out, am I doing what the Psalmist says? It's a wonderful start to prayer: to give thanks to God for all His wonderful blessings. God loves to hear from us in a thankful vein. If we are alone, what harm is it in actually singing to Him, as mentioned in these verses? No one but our Father to hear us.

And to tell of His wonderful acts. To think of some of the things that have blessed us recently and tell Him thank you for each one. Yes, we can actually bring joy to our Father! 

I was convicted that I'd left that out many times in my quiet time. That I was more interested in blurting out the things I needed His help on..... let's commit to thanking Him. I have a feeling our prayer times will be much more uplifting than before!

If you have a prayer request, please leave a comment to let us know. It will be our privilege to pray along with you.

1 comment:

  1. I like doing that...on my walks, when I first wake...when I go to bed...when I'm driving. I hadn't thought to sing to Him but why not where no one but Him can hear me. That sentence in which you said we could bring joy to our Father just knocked me off my chair. I never dreamed we could! Made my morning's beginning.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.