Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Verses that inspire



Gotta practice what we preach!

My grandma advocated for that. (Grin)

I fell right off the wagon on that one last week . . . .

A problem had come up that required some paperwork. And some legwork.
And working with a division of the government.
Oh, joy.
That's a happy prospect, right?
Proofs of documentation. Documents in duplicate. In triplicate.
Well, it wasn't quite THAT bad.
But we did have to go around and around on what kinds of documents we were willing to send them.
You see, all of the government offices are closed.
You can't just walk in there and hand them some paperwork and walk out later with the problem solved!
What to do?
"Just put them in the mail" sounded so risky!
Well, to make a long story short, we were blessed to have the number five person that we talked to be a friendly, problem-solving type of person. We finally agreed on a less risky form of document and a secure way of sending it.
And a few days later, an email that made us happy dance -- problem was resolved!
And a few minutes after the relieved conversation and dancing around, I realized I had not yet given credit where credit was due . . . I'd not yet thanked the Lord for working things out for us.

Wow. 
I wasn't practicing what I preach.

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
    make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
    tell of all his wonderful acts.
10 Glory in his holy name;
    let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.

12 Remember the wonders he has done,
    his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, (I Chronicles 16:8)

Believe me, I sat right down, then and there, and offered up a prayer of praise to the Lord who had worked out a "wonder" and a "miracle" for us!

What has God done in your life recently? 
Have you thanked Him for it?
Hmmmmm?

1 comment:

  1. He has and yes, I have thanked Him quite a few times. Last night..all day yesterday too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.