Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Verses that inspire

 


As I'm sitting here today, and thunderstorms are rumbling around, the sky is dark. Clouds are scudding along and the leafless trees are bending before the harsh wind.
Everything is dreary.
Everything is dark.
Welllllllll, not everything!
I found two gems that I've seen before, but they meant a lot as I relied on the Spirit to cheer me today!
Check this out:
The Lord will guide you always;
    he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
    and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
    like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11)
Here is the second gem:
In your unfailing love you will lead
    the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
    to your holy dwelling. (Exodus 15:13)
I've mentioned before that we live at the base of a mountain in the foothills of the southland. We've hiked that mountain many times, and we know where the springs and waterfalls are located. Even in the driest of seasons, those springs keep pumping out water. Maybe there is less; maybe the waterfall is smaller, but the spring waters don't "fail."

Isn't that just like the living water that our Lord and Savior provides to us? It's such a "given" that He says we will never thirst. 
"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:14)
He promises to guide us.
He promises to satisfy all our needs.
He promises to strengthen our frames.
We will be like the springs that do not fail.

Why?
Because of His unfailing love.
All honor and glory to Him! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Here’s another one along that same theme, from Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.