Friday, April 20, 2012

Proverbs 20 : 9 A Clean Heart

Pro 20:9  Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Ah, Solomon . . . he knew just how to get to the heart of the matter, didn't he? Can any of us say that we have made our own heart clean, or that we are pure from our sin?

We must daily seek forgiveness and cleansing, for we cannot accomplish it ourselves. But oh, the joy of knowing that He will hear, and forgive!
Jer 31:34b  . . . for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 
Here are the words of a sweet old hymn that I love. I hope it is meaningful for you, too.

"Wonderful grace of Jesus, Greater than all my sin; 
How shall my tongue describe it, Where shall its praise begin? 
Taking away my burden, Setting my spirit free; 
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me. 

Wonderful grace of Jesus, Reaching to all the lost; 
By it I have been pardoned, Saved to the uttermost, 
Chains have been torn asunder, Giving me liberty; 
For the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me. 

Wonderful grace of Jesus, Reaching the most defiled, 
By its transforming power, Making him God's dear child, 
Purchasing peace and heaven, For all eternity; 
And the wonderful grace of Jesus reaches me. 

Wonderful the matchless grace of Jesus, Deeper than the mighty rolling sea, 
Higher than the mountain, sparkling like a fountain, All sufficient grace for even me, Broader than the scope of my transgressions, Greater far than all my sin and shame, 
O magnify the precious name of Jesus, 
Praise His name!"

And just in case you would like to hear it, here is that gospel song, sung by one of my fav quartets -- the Cathedrals:


Have a wonderful weekend, and a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun hymn to sing!! It's a very vivid memory, singing this hymn at my former church. Great week of posts Snoodles!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.