Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Prayer requests



 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. (II Chronicles 15:7)
These words were spoken by the prophet to Asa, who became king of Judah and implemented many momentous reforms in the land. He destroyed idols, and rebuilt the altar so that sacrifices could be offered. He took away his grandmother's fancy title and power, because she had made an offensive idol and did not worship Yahweh.

We may not face the tasks that Asa did, or that Zerubbabel did, in his time (we talked about him in one of our studies), but we all have God-given tasks, and we have talents to use for Him.

We can rest assured that if we ask for His strength to complete our tasks, and if we don't give up, we will be able to complete the jobs we've been given. And what's more, our work will be rewarded. Maybe not today. Perhaps not next week. But we will receive a reward for our faithfulness.

However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen,    what no ear has heard,and what no human mind has conceived”     the things God has prepared for those who love him—
10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. (I Corinthians 2:9-10a)

Does it seem that our prayers are unanswered? We must keep on praying.
Does it seem that our good works and kindnesses go unnoticed? We must keep on working.
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. (James 1:12)
Let's not grow weary in well-doing......
If you would like to share a prayer request or a praise, please feel free to leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. I could use a little prayer today. I have been flat on my back the last couple of days. Hurt it getting dressed Friday. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and this morning still having a hard time standing. Also looking after my grandson for a few days. He is off to school now and I am back to bed. So a good time to catch up on some studies. Thanks again for these.
    Not a good one for laying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to have read this. I know for a fact that persistence with faith is heard and rewarded.

    I have been (in the past) in Maria's place. The pain is bad. Maria. I will have you in my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful truths shared here - thank you for writing it! I would request prayer for some major decisions we need to make that will impact our lives dramatically (we are beginning to feel the tug of the Lord to move to another state...but we won't do anything until we know the Lord's will for certain). Thank you for praying for us!

    Maria, I will pray for you today. I suffer with chronic lower back pain due to a car accident, and when my back hurts I will lift you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, will be in prayer for you all. Thank you all for leaving comments, and encouraging all who stop here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.