Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Prayer requests


When I think about prayer, many times I am thinking about the folks who study here; there are dear women across this earth who kneel at different times to pray for requests made known here. Are you nagged at times by the devil, who would dearly love to upset your faith by suggesting that you are not worthy to ask your request of God?
Are you bothered by Satan's whispers that it's just a small matter, and God has much more important things to do?
Or do you wonder if asking Him again and again to effect change is something that is either ineffective, or somehow annoying to Him?
Take encouragement from the Bible, dear friend:
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,But the prayer of the upright is His delight. (Proverbs 15:8)
The Lord is near to all who call upon Him,To all who call upon Him in truth.  He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;He will also hear their cry and will save them.  The Lord keeps all who love Him,But all the wicked He will destroy.  My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, And all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever. (Psalm 145:18-21) 
We may not be in the same room. We cannot give encouraging hugs, nor take the hand of a sister needing strength. But on our knees, we are close to each other, and close to Him.

And if He does not immediately answer?  Recently, I was reminded by a reader of these precious verses in Habakkuk:
Though the fig tree should not blossomAnd there be no fruit on the vines,Though the yield of the olive should failAnd the fields produce no food,Though the flock should be cut off from the foldAnd there be no cattle in the stalls,  Yet I will exult in the Lord,I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
 The Lord God is my strength,And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet,And makes me walk on my high places. Habakkuk 3:17-19a)
Join me in prayer, won't you? And let us know in the comments of any request we can pray for.

3 comments:

  1. I love those verses in Habakuk. We used to sing them in a chorus.
    I need continued prayer for strength to keep going and wisdom to make the right (or best) decisions for the future. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use prayer for myself this time. I was asked to lead a bible study called The Daniel Plan, 40 days to a healthier life. I have never done anything like this before. I am very active in our tops group so I think this is something I could do. Pray that God will lead me in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad to read these points this morning as I am plagued with concern that my personal request is not important many times when I am praying for something regarding me these past 5 years. I continue to need prayer for a family member. Now I also request prayer for two ladies who are in desperate physical need of our prayer.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.