Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday


I'd like for us to contemplate the words of this old, old hymn -- and then listen to the worshipful singing below as we enter the wonderful weekend that we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and our Savior, Jesus Christ!


Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior,
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord
Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior,
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!
Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior;
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord!

Up from the grave he arose;
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes;
he arose a victor from the dark domain,
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign.
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

1 comment:

  1. That hymn “Low in the grave” has very special and poignant meaning for me. Thank you for sharing it. Have a blessed Easter, Jacque! xx

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.