Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Verses that inspire


Are we keeping up with our studies of His Word still? Are we just as determined as we were in January? (Grin)

There are several verses that talk about the Word of God being vitally important in our lives....like food that we need to survive. But not just food -- really tasty food. Most of us have a sweet tooth, no?

The Psalmist spoke of God's Word as honey:
How sweet are your words to my taste,    sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)
Gracious words are a honeycomb,    sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. (Proverbs 16:24)

And the second verse talks of our own words.... I truly believe that if we spend time in His Word, our words will be gracious to others. They will be sweet and bring healing.

Can't do it on our own, y'all. Nope.
Let's get into the Word and then see if our words improve; our relationships will be sweeter; our witness will be better!

If a verse or a passage has inspired you recently, leave a comment to tell all of us about it!

1 comment:

  1. I started off the year with one of the reading plans that would take me through the entire New Testament in 24 weeks. It seemed a good idea at the time. But I discovered that it was too much too fast, and didn’t give me time to get into what I was reading. I’ve since settled into Phillipians. I’m reading the same chapter over and over, really letting it filter into the depths of my being.

    Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

    Phil. 2:1-4

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.