Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Proverbs 14: 11-12

11-The house of the wicked will be destroyed, But the tent of the upright will flourish.
12-There is a way which seems right to a man, But it's end is the way of death.

Verse 12 is one of those highly quoted, often memorized Proverbs. So...if it is so highly thought of, why in the world are there so many that follow the wrong path?

Ahh, before you judge, let me show you a few paths. If given the choice, would you rather take this path:


Or this?

Now, I ask you...which is the worst for your body? 

Oh, wait. let's go to a different destination...
Let's say you had a movie night with your friends this past weekend. 
Did you choose to see this:

(Which I will review on Monday on the other blog)
or did you choose to watch this?

Which is the path that pleases God?

Best look up Psalm 119:105 again.

Today in your journal/prayer time, make a list of 'wrong' paths that you take and ask God for forgiveness and help to take the correct path.

--Tonya--

3 comments:

  1. I even have to ask for His help in making sure I say the right things, not the wrong things...have such a problem guarding my lips sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food thing got me. OUCH! The movie thing, not so much because I don't go to movies and don't watch much tv at all. But, I understand what you mean and there are so many wrong paths.

    How bout....spending money on wants instead of needs? Blowing it on unnecessary things and building debt you can never repay?

    And like Snoodles said....words. Oh my...do I say uplifting things, or criticize and try to tell folks how to run their business?? Hmmmm...I'm not liking this one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have our paths. The chocolate one is a hard one for me to turn down. Big time.

    Movies, books, tv, no problem. I don't like yucky stuff.

    But yes, there are other things. Impatience. Being critical. Sewing instead of quiet time....to name a few things.

    Darn toes.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.