Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Proverbs 14:13

We talked a bit about matters of the heart on Monday. Today's verse goes a bit more in depth.

The first part of the verse says, "Even in laughter the heart may be in pain". This is a reminder to me that even though there is a smile on the outside, there might me turmoil on the inside. Have you ever known an woman that was very discerning? A woman that could see your heart, no matter what your face showed. She is the kind of woman with open arms, a shoulder to cry on, and a tissue ready. She is the kind of woman that sends out cards just to brighten a day. What happened to these women? I don't see it in my generation...the generation of selfishness. It's hard to see through others pain when we are too selfish to get our eyes off of ourselves. I haven't written a card/letter for ages. (hanging head in shame...)

The second part of the verse, "And the end of joy may be grief", to me is saying, "Be prepared!". You don't know what is just around the corner. But if you are prepared spiritually, then you will be ready for what life throws at you.

Today I am going to write send a card/note to someone. Join me in brightening someones day?

---Tonya---

3 comments:

  1. I have been so convicted of the need to send cards or notes. Handwritten ones, not an email or facebook message.

    I wish I was more discerning, so I could really see who needs some compassion or support.

    Good post Tonya. I can barely walk so far this week. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got one written. 5 minutes til midnight...at least I did it. I need to really work on getting better about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do so much more of this, when we had a church that we were active in. Notes to shut-ins, bereaved, even just to those we know, "just in case" they were having a difficult day. (Don't we all have those?!) I need to get back to doing this....Thanks, Tonya!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.