Thursday, August 17, 2017

Getting out of the miry clay!


I don't know about you, but I want to make sure that I have joy. I want to be able to sing in spite of the fact that I'm mired down in trials.
If we will "look up" out of the pit, and look at our Savior, we will have joy. Peter reminded us of our salvation first for a reason, I think.
He wants us to know the reason for our rejoicing in the suffering. He says that our inexpressible joy is from realizing that we have that salvation -- even though we have not seen Him, as the apostles did. They saw Him. They walked with Him. They listened to Him. In the flesh. In person.
Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. (I Peter 1:8-9)
Remember we said that God is in control? He never leaves us for a vacation or a sick day... Grab those promises from His Word:
God has said,“Never will I leave you;    never will I forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5)
Our love for Jesus, in response to His love on the cross, is our highest motivation. But sometimes do we drift a bit? Like a married couple that has been together for many years, do we need to rekindle our love for our Savior? It may be the same in our relationship with the Lord...
We can rekindle that love by spending time with Him. Make time to read His Word. Don't be rushed in our prayer time, but listen for His leading.
Once we know His leading, we need to obey. Jesus told us:
If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. (John 15:10)
Then, remember His sacrifice for us. If you are a member of a local congregation, join in the remembrance of His last supper with the disciples. He told us to do this in "remembrance" of Him. It's a tangible way to take the time to receive the blessing of His love, and tell Him of our love for Him.

Surely, if we do these things, we will sing in the mire, and have joy in our trials!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great study! Thanks Jacque! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great study. I have passed it on to several others who, as with the rest of us, are in need. xx

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.