Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday slowdown

I've researched and I believe this is correct....the song for today is similar in title to another that we've enjoyed, but this one was discovered in some property of Fanny Crosby at her death. Fanny was a prolific writer of hymns and songs, and some of the best-loved lyrics of faith were penned by her. The site I consulted mentioned that Ernie Haase "completed" what was found, and offers it as a new song of faith.

I found these words and the melody inspiring, and wanted to share with all of you.

Tell me not of worldly treasure, like a leaf they fade and fall,
Tell me not of worldly pleasures, next to Christ they're oh, so small.
Give me Jesus, give me Jesus,
There's no greater friend than He.
Give me Jesus, give me Jesus,
For He gave His life to me.
Earthly friendship has its weakness, it may wound and leave me too,
But my Savior never changes, He is constant, He is true.
Tell me not of fear and sorrow, though in life they cloud our days,
If we face a grim tomorrow, Christ is victory for always!
Give me Jesus....
(Fanny Crosby and Ernie Haase)

Blessings to all who stop by here!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Words and music! Have a peaceful weekend, Jacques! xx

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.