Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Proverbs 16: 31

Today, begin by reading today's passage.

So, do you color your hair? Here is quote by Thomas Nelson:


On visits to the Far East, Hugh Downs, the silver-haired co-host of ABC’s 20/20, found one reason to flaunt his age:

Perhaps one day our culture will adopt what I found in Nepal. When meeting strangers, the polite thing to do is ask how old they are. Someone might say apologetically, “I’m only 50.” Whereupon the inquirer might say, “Oh, don’t feel bad. You’re getting there.” To call someone old is a compliment in Nepal. Solomon had it right when he said, “The silver-haired head is a crown of glory.”


So, let's talk about it. Is it vain to color your hair? JUST KIDDING. I am going to stay completely away from that one. That one is between you and God.

So, why is gray hair a crown of glory? The verse give the answer. Today we are going to do some Bible page flippin'--what better way to do a Bible study anyway?
Look up the following passages:

1 Kings 3:14
Ps 91:14-16
Proverbs 10:27
Ephesians 6:2-3

These verses are great verses to contemplate next time you have a birthday. And next time you see gray hairs on your head. Or eyebrows. On on your chinny chin chin. Remember that those little hairs are a blessing. (No it won't stop me from plucking them either.)

3 comments:

  1. I truly wish that I were as wise as I should be, with all the gray hair I have! LOL That is, if I didn't color it. And, like you said, we won't go there.
    Seriously, though, God is so good to us, to lengthen our days, and give us more opportunities. Those are opportunities to witness, to love, to comfort, to encourage, and to advise others with what we have learned and lived. I pray that I'll be a good steward and use those opportunities to good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be 55 this year and I have a head full of gray hair. I will never color it. Too much trouble for me.
    I am grateful that God will give us more days here on earth but there are times when I long to be in His presence.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.