Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Proverbs 17: 10-11

Today's passage visits the subject of discipline. We have visited this subject several times in our study..but really we have not studied it very deeply.

Begin by reading today's passage, then flip over to the New Testament and read Hebrews 12: 5-11.

None of us really like to be disciplined, and often, even though we've drilled it into our children, we forget that discipline is for our own good. It's not like God really wants to discipline us. Again, same as we are with our children, He would rather us not need the discipline. But to help us not make mistakes again, or to make us wake up and take notice and repent, He will use deep conviction through Scriptures or sermons or even through the rebuke of friends.

There are SO MANY passages on rebuke/discipline! I thought I would give you a fill in the blank today. Because most of you use NIV I will use that translation for these questions.  Enjoy spending time with God today and let Him speak to you.

1. Job 5:17-18  "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not ______________ the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal."

2. Rev 3:19  "Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and _______________."


3. Heb 10:31 It is a _____________ thing to fall into the hands of the living God.


4. Num 32:23  ... "Be sure _________ will find you out."


5.  Prov 28:23  He who ____________ a man will in the end gain more ________________ than he who has a flattering tongue.


6. Prov 15:31 He who listens to a ________________ rebuke will be at home among the wise.


7. Ps 23:4  ... your ________and your __________, they comfort me. 


8. Prov 1:28-31  "Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me. Since they _________ knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord, since they would not accept my advice and spurned my __________________, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the ______________ of their schemes."



1 comment:

  1. Not one of us likes discipline do we? You would think we would learn after a while.... but I know I keep making the same mistakes over and over. I'm whipped and whipped good.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.