Thursday, February 16, 2012

Proverbs 17: 12-14

STRIFE

Oh, mercy, I do not like conflict! Not at all. I don't even like debates. I don't like political news shows. (That might be off topic...focusing back on strife now...)

vs..14--When you pour water out on the ground, what happens? That's right, it runs every which way and you can't get it back.

Yet sometimes, we do have to choose to battle. We are humans. Strife and conflict are going to happen. So what can we do about it?

Flip over and read 1 Peter 3: 15-16.

As I type this (Tuesday evening around 6:45 p.m.); my heart is heavy. There is someone that used to communicate to me very kindly, and has shown me much kindness. But suddenly, as in just the last week, this person won't comment on my blog, won't reply to comments that I've left on her blog, nor answer direct emails from me to her. I have no explanation as to why. I've been saddened over it, I've combed emails to see if I can find the reason...and I can't. Most of you know this person--but please do not start trying to guess who. I bring this up only to say that when I was looking up verses about strife, and stumbled upon this one, it gave me courage. I certainly don't want this person 'put to shame' but, I also know, in good conscience that I've done nothing wrong. So--right here, right now--I give her and the entire situation to God.

Is there anyone or any situation that you need to give to God today? Really...things are much better in His hands. We just have a habit of making a mess out of them when we try to handle it on our own!

I am afraid I spent this study time 'preaching' to myself...sometimes that is the best way, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I think I've mentioned how I run and don't stand in conflicting situations. I see now that that can be a good thing when there is human strife.
    Too bad I do it when I need to stand for God too. :/

    I also realized that I worry and fret when God is in control. I too need to give it to Him and forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this happen to me twice in my lifetime. I still have no idea why the people never came back to me after I tried so hard to find out why they didn't want to be my friend anymore. It hurt for a long time after each incident. I really called on God during those times. I know God will help you and the other person during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. It's never fun. It has happened to me before, too. My daughter experienced it a couple of times in "real" life, as opposed to "web" life, and it even changed her outlook on friendship - she is much more wary of new acquaintances, and makes friends slowly now. Your sweet spirit means so much to all of us that know you...please rest assured that it's nothing you did. I can't imagine it being anything you did or said. Perhaps this person will "come back" to the friendship in the future. I'm so glad that we CAN give things to Him...He is so much better at fixing things than I am! :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.