Do you love your lips?
* Do they get you into trouble (vs 13)
* Are they loud and complaining or boisterous or proud? Do they show your sins? (vs16)
* Are they deceiving? ( vs 17)
* Are they quick to speak without thought of what you are saying? (vs 18)
* Do they lie? (vs 19)
*Are they an abomination to the Lord? (vs 22)
Let me ask, do you know anything about Larry the Cucumber, the star of our video? He's an all around good guy who is trying to do the right thing, but often blunders. He has a good heart, loves his Lord, and does what he can to grow in Him. I wonder, are you like Larry? Do you love your lips?
*Keep you out of trouble? (vs 13)
*Satisfy you by displaying the Fruit we discussed yesterday? (vs 14)
*Keep quiet when they need to listen? (vs 15)
*Make light of the 'bad times' instead of opening our mouths to complain? (vs 16)
*Speak the truth? (vs 17)
*Take their time to speak, and when they do speak do they help others? (vs 18)
*Look forward to Glory? (vs 19)
*Do they make peace? (vs 20)
* Are they faithful to their Creator? (vs 22)
You know, lips do get chapped sometimes. Sometimes they are not easy to love. But that's ok, God provided you with chap stick. Bet you never thought of your Bible as Spiritual Chap Stick before, did you?