Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Proverbs 13: 4

OOPS---some of you saw this early when I accidentally published it early. Oh well. Sorry!!)Also, Jacque will be here the rest of the week. But I needed to hop in and say something so I posted a little tidbit for today. 


Before we start our study, I need to tell you that I have 5 Pilgrim's Progress books available for anyone that would like one.Well...to the first 5 takers anyway. These are in the original OLD ENGLISH text, but still a great read. I am sending one off to one of our group today, so we are going to give you an extra week for your reading assignment. If you want a copy please comment and make sure that I have a way to get back with you. Thank you. Now back to the study...

My version: The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the soul of the diligent is made fat.

I laughed when I read this. Why?? Because it is ok to be fat! (I have the most horrible time losing weight.)

Here in America, we like food a bit too much. It is now fall and we think of apple butter and pumpkin pie; oh and don't forget the turkey! Then comes Christmas with  a nice slice of ham with sugary glaze and some cranberry orange bread.With spring comes Cadbury eggs.(Yes, I look forward to them.) After spring is summer with all it's cook outs and BBQ's. We are a plump nation to be sure.

Instead of spending so much time craving this earthly food that does nothing but cause us health problems, we should be craving the things of God. It should be our waking thought, and our last thought at night. Then we will become nicely plump--and a healthy plump at that.

Time for me to do some replacing of my physical plump with some Spiritual plump. Let's see, a good appetizer would be prayer, followed with a heaping helping of God's Word, then a luscious amount of deep prayer for dessert. Care to dine with me?

--Tonya--

3 comments:

  1. Cadbury eggs. Did you have to mention those? They are sinful to be sure.
    I find this Bible study has helped me tremendously in consuming the Word more often. I struggle with physical weight as well, but wish so much that my soul was obese!

    Glad to hear there is at least one other person joining the Pilgrim's Progress read a long. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, maybe that is a diet that will work for me: when I get tempted to eat, I pick up my scripture memory cards instead! That may work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea...grab a memory card instead of a cookie!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.