Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Proverbs 13: 25

So...is this verse saying that if your stomach growls that you are wicked?

Hmm, flip in your Bibles and read John 6:35. Oh, and Matthew 5:6 is a good one to read too.

I am sitting here with a big hole in my mouth, (had a molar pulled tonight), and I keep thinking how "Snickers is Satisfying". (I'm kind of hungry.) But, even though I am a HUGE chocolate fanatic, it is bad for me and I can never get enough. I guess it's kind of like the wicked in today's verse. No matter how much 'bad' you get, you just want more and more and more.

I wasn't sure if I would feel like doing my study tonight, but I am so glad that I took the time because I just love today's verse. The more we seek after the Bread of Life, the more fulfilled we become.

Drop that Snickers Bar and pick up that Bible!

--Tonya--

2 comments:

  1. Ps 34:10b says, "But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing."
    If I only sought the bread of life when I really want chocolate....oh mercy. Can't get enough chocolate! Or sweets as a rule. :/

    I need to have that kind of lust for the Word. How wonderful to know that God always gives us enough. I grieve for those who are never satisfied, and in eternity they will suffer greatly, never having even a drop of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a sad thing? To search and search and search, and never find. And then to be lost forever. So very sad.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.