Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plan and Commit

Yesterday was a day of fresh starts. But wait a minute... hop over and read Lamentations 3:23. This is a good verse to make into a sign and post in your bathroom. In fact, I might just make it into a May for Me project for those of you that are quilters (over on that other blog)..how about that?

Anyway, you are starting over again. Right here. Right now. So...before you begin anything, whether it be a new day, or a project, or a new task what do you do? PLAN it. Well, at least it works out best when you do. And then when you PLAN your day (project, task), you usually COMMIT to get done what you planned. Everyone agree?

Today's Proverbs passage is Proverbs 16:1-3. Take a moment to read that.

If we really take the time to commit the things that we do to God, then we will be letting Him be at work through our thoughts and plans. And if He as it work in them, then we will be secure that we are going in the right direction.

Let's look at a Biblical example. Flip in your Bibles to Ezra 8 and read verses 21-23. What did Ezra do? He just dropped down on the ground right there and prayed not only for his direction but for who else? And how did it turn out for Ezra? You can find the answer in vs 31 of the same chapter.

Spend some time planning your day; and then Commit it to God. I am sure that you will have a good day if you do. Come back late tonight and tell us how your day went.

3 comments:

  1. I really like Proverbs 16. Really good verses. I am going to write them down in the front of my journal.
    I am trying to do the very thing you talk about, Planning. I have a journal which I am writing down things I plan to commit too.
    Sometimes something will get in the way but I begin anew the next day.
    Ezra is really good too.
    Our church just began a 21 day fast. Fasting is a good way to find God's direction.
    thanks for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post today. I wrote down some plans I have to make this work. It may involve changes along the way, and that's to be expected. Different days have different issues and responsibilities. What I've realized though, is that to do this right, to really spend quality time with God, I have to change my way of thinking, and the time I've been doing it. Your comment about doing it before sewing really hit me. I never have trouble sitting down at the machine, so why do I have trouble sitting down with my Bible?

    That will be the main thing for me in the days ahead. Getting used to changing the time of day I study/pray, and choosing to do it before other things.

    After I prayed, and thought all this through, planned and followed through with my plans for today, I felt really good. Anytime I do what I know God wants makes me feel good. :)

    I think I may need to make my plans every morning. As long as I follow through with my "God Time", the rest will be gravy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do need to give the "first fruits" to Him...even the first moments of my day. Waiting till the end of the day when I'm tired and sleepy, is not a good recipe for actually learning from Him or from His word. Great verses - I think one of these might be on an index card in a few moments....:)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.