Saturday, January 28, 2012

P.P. Discussion Week 7

My book didn't discuss some of these as well as in weeks past, so I guess I am going to have to put my thinking cap on this week! Let me know if you wish to discuss any of these:

1) This was just a thought question as Bunyan does not say what the covenant was. My book discussion suggests that Bunyan probably meant for them to agree to advance God's kingdom and His glory. They also would have agreed to pray together and as we will see, to be accountable to one another.

2) Matthew6:24

3) Simply put, "What's in it for me?"

4) He said he always tried to gain the advantage and count his blessings if 'things went his way.'

5) for self thought only

6)Heathens (Gen 34), hypocrites (Luke 20:46-47), devils(Jn 6:70-71), and witches.(Acts 8:1-24)

7) From the book, "When our motives are revealed by the light of God's brilliant holiness on the last day, how many of our supposed good deeds will be found to have been less than honorable and based on carefully concealed self-interest and greed?"

8) This one was a toughee. One commentary says, "At one time Demas was Paul's fellow worker (Philemon 24) but he left Paul,'having loved this present world' (2 Timothy 4:10). He stands for all who abandon their faith in order to get rich.

9)I think we all know who Judas was. Gehazi was Elisha's servant. His story can be found in 2 Kings 4-5.

10) The pillar of salt--Lot's wife. Genesis 19:26

11)They wanted to take the easy path

12) The promises of God open prison doors. See Revelation 1:18 and Acts 12:10 "Standing, Standing, I'm standing on the promises of God my Savior...." remember that hymn?

----------------------------------

Reading assignments (a small one this week!):
Moody for today's English : pp 119-122
Revel Spire 110-114

1 comment:

  1. Some of my answers were similar to yours, some not. That's the way it always is though. :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.