Thursday, January 5, 2012

Proverbs 15:24

24 The path of life leads upward for the wise 
That he may keep away from [r]Sheol below. 
 


When I read this verse I can't help but be reminded of the journey of Christian in the book Pilgrim's Progress. This is a New Year. A time of new beginnings. How about instead of making resolutions...just maybe focus on staying on the path of life without straying to and fro. We are all bound to trip up once in a while but if we keep our focus where it should be then we will find that instead of hard falls we just have little stumbles. 


I did want to point out one thing. Where did that path lead? UPWARD. I used to hike. Alot. Every morning I would get up around 3 or 4 a.m. and go hiking before the kids awoke. (before Stephen came along). Oh how I miss those morning times with my God in His creation--ah but I've let my mind wander. Even though I used to hike all of the time; and I will tell you that I pushed myself, there never was a hill that wasn't hard to climb. On the other hand, I've never climbed a hill/mountain without feeling total joy when reaching the top.


What things can you change spiritually so that your focus will stay on the upward path?

1 comment:

  1. Can you change your spiritual life without changing you outward life as well?

    I'm thinking that I need to stay focused on God's will for me and not the "demands" of the world. Allow Him to create through me and enjoy the process, instead of feeling selfish for taking that time away from doing other "good" things.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome comments pertaining to our study; rude comments will be deleted, as will links for advertising purposes.